digest (plural digests)
- That which is digested; especially, that which is worked over, classified, and arranged under proper heads or titles
- A compilation of statutes or decisions analytically arranged. The term is applied in a general sense to the Pandects of Justinian (see Pandect), but is also specially given by authors to compilations of laws on particular topics; a summary of laws
- Comyn"s Digest
- the United States Digest
- Any collection of articles, as an internet mailing list "digest" including a week"s postings, or a magazine arranging a collection of writings.
- Reader"s Digest is published monthly.
- (distribute or arrange methodically): arrange, sort, sort out
- (separate food in the alimentary canal):
- (think over and arrange methodically in the mind): sort out
- (appropriate for strengthening and comfort):
- (bear comfortably or patiently; to be reconciled to; to brook): bear, brook, put up with, tolerate
- (in chemistry: soften by heat and moisture):
- (dispose (an ulcer or wound) to suppurate):
- (ripen; mature): become or get ripe, mature, ripen
- (quiet or abate, as anger or grief): abate, calm, quiet, subside
- (undergo digestion):
- (suppurate; to generate pus, as an ulcer): suppurate
6 letters in word "digest": D E G I S T.
No anagrams for digest found in this word list.
Words found within digest:
de dei deist di die dies diet diets dig digs dis dit dite dites dits ed edit edits eds egis es est et ged geds geist geit geits gest get gets gi gid gids gie gied gies gis gist git gite gites gits id ide ides ids is it its sed seg sei set si side sit site sited st sted stie stied te ted teds teg tegs tes ti tid tide tides tids tie tied ties tig tige tiges tigs tis